Thursday, January 31, 2013

Best of Mania Part 4 - The Finale: TV and Movies

So this is it.  The end of my 2012 wrap up.  I know, four parts?  Technically five since I split the music videos in two.  Alright, fair enough. But this will be mercifully short. Or will it?



TV is a friend of Mine
It was a pretty good year.  Another notch in the "Golden Era" of TVs bed post.
Without further ado here it is.

30 Rock
Ben & Kate
Boardwalk Empire
Bob's Burgers
Bunheads
Community
Game of Thrones
Girls
Homeland 
Mad Men
The Mindy Project
Modern Family
New Girl
Newsroom
Revenge
Suburgatory
Treme
Veep


TV I Finally Caught Up On That I Love
Breaking Bad
Better Off Ted
Downton Abbey
Fringe
Parenthood
The United States of Tara
Vampire Diaries

2013 TV Resolution
These are shows I aim to finally watch. In the new year.  One of them I already got a jump start on.

Bottom
Filthy Rich & Catflap - Yes I realize it's only six episodes. Get off my back.
Friday Night Lights - Already on season two.
The Larry Sanders Show
Louie
Red Dwarf
The West Wing - My white wale.

Movie Time
I missed a lot this year.  So this is almost just a list of movies I saw. But with seeing just a few, I narrowly avoid movies I wouldn't like. * - indicates a theatrical viewing.

21 Jump Street
The Avengers*
The Cabin in the Woods
Chronicle*
Cloud Atlas* - I feel like critics were taking crazy pills on this one.
The Dark Knight Rises*
The Dictator
Django Unchained*
John Carter
Lockout
Looper*
The Master*
Prometheus* - Haters gonna hate.  This is my second favorite of the Alien series. For Real.
Wanderlust*

Movies I Regretfully Missed
Beasts of the Southern Wild
The Bourne Legacy
Brave
Cosmopolis
Damsels in Distress
Dredd
Killer Joe
Killing Them Softly
The Man With the Iron Fists
Mirror Mirror
Moonrise Kingdom
The Paperboy
ParaNorman
Premium Rush
Ruby Sparks
Safety Not Guaranteed
The Secret World of Arrietty
Skyfall
Smashed
To Rome With Love

2013 Resolution
As you can see, I missed an awful lot.  Movies are something I love, but I am always playing catch up with.  Partially because I hate movie going to movie theaters.  Audiences can ruin movies for me.  Small story.  I went and saw Looper well into it's theatrical run.  There were maybe ten other people in the theater with me, but that was more than enough to make it into one of the most terrible movie going experiences I've had in years.  That said, I am going to try to see more movies this year.  Hopefully there will be some good ones.  I would also like to whittle the 300 and growing Netflix queue I have.  Netflix is a curse I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment