Saturday, March 1, 2014

New Directions

This is perhaps the saddest blog I have ever had the displeasure to see, and I run the damn thing. As you loyal readers may have noticed, I seemed to have gone dark for over a year. What happened? Did I die? Get kidnapped? Lose my password? To find out the answers to these questions and more, please read on for a tale of excitement!


Okay. I'm not going to lie. It's not very exciting, fairly run of the mill actually. I got a promotion shortly after my last post, and with it a lot less time to dick around spouting off about shit into the void. I also got robbed at gun point at said job about three weeks after the promotion. That threw a kink into things for about another four months. Then, fresh out of counseling, I decided to refocus my energies on my real writing. Not that blogging isn't real writing, but it's not. Anyway, I had a long in the making novel that I decided to pull the pin on and finish. I made myself set a deadline and I actually finished right before the deadline. On top of that I also started a comic that I write, draw, and ink by myself. There has been some help story wise from a friend, but other than that it's been all me. I also have started more writing assignments, and I also kept up with articles for this very blog. I just never got around to publishing.

You may have noticed that there is a new look to the old blog. I decided to give it a face lift in an attempt to convey a new direction. Oh it's still going to be the same types of ramblings, but I'm hoping to do more regular pieces. Actual articles, updates on current projects, announcements of new endeavors, and more of the old classics. Like the title says, new directions. I've been more active lately, to the point where I have too much on my plate. As for the novel previously mentioned, which will be codenamed TM, it's finished, and I'm passing it around some close friends for feedback. After that it will be back burnered for a while,. The comic I mentioned (codenamed C&D) is much more in the abstract right now. It started as a joke, because as you may have seen from the image at the top, I can't really draw. Well not in  Ditko or Steranko sort of way. More of an outsider artist sort of way, if that outsider artist were a ten year old. Anyway, I had so much fun doing the little comic, I decided why not do a web comic? The worst headache inducing nightmare decision I ever made. But I absolutely love the idea, it's just a matter of finding the time.  Then there is the new book I'm working on (codenamed Who Can't). It's in the early stages of being written. There are a few other projects I have in the beginning stages of development, as well as a series by a couple of friends that I may be helping with. These are all to early for codenames, but when that changes they'll be announced here.

It's a new era for me, both professionally and personally, and I'm very excited to share all this in the year to come. Here's hoping I can keep up the momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment