Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Movie a Day: Valley of the Dolls

Five thoughts or less.



Day Four: Valley of the Dolls





Release Date: 1967
Run Time: 123 minutes
Starring: Barbara Parkins, Patty Duke, Sharon Tate



1. I've never read the book this is based on, and I've heard more about the infamous sequel than I have this movie.
2. This movie takes forever to get going, and makes little sense as to what any of the characters want.
3. Ugh. This isn't even good camp. It's so poorly done. What is the point of this story?! Also I feel like  Susan Hayward is acting in a different and better movie.
4. No wonder Harlan Ellison had his name pulled off the credits. I think a movie about his writing this movie would be more interesting to watch than this.
5. I can't decide how I feel about the message of this movie.



Rating: 2 out of 5
RIYL: Bad melodramas, Mildly amusing camp, I assume the book it's based on.


No comments:

Post a Comment