Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A Movie a Day: Heaven

Five thoughts or less.







Day Seven: Heaven

Release Date: 2002
Run Time: 96 minutes
Starring: Cate Blanchett, Giovanni Ribisi



1. I've been meaning to watch this since 2002. Glad I waited, as younger Carl might not have liked this very much.
2. Fun Facts: This was written by Krzysztof Kieślowski as part of a trilogy based loosely on Dante's Inferno. He is perhaps best know for the ten hour movie The Decalogue, which I have wanted to see ever since I saw David Wain's The Ten. If you haven't seen The Ten, what have you been doing with your life?
3. I love Tom Twyker movies. This is reminding me to rewatch The Princess and the Warrior. His films always are so gorgeously dreamy.
4. Fair warning, this movies story ends about 35 minutes before the movie does. If that seems like a problem, I can assure you it's not.
5. Overall not my favorite Twyker film, but still better than a good deal of movies I have seen. Cate Blanchett is great (as always), and Giovanni Ribisi gives a performance that reminds you that he was once really good. Whatever happened to him?



Rating: 4 out of 5
RIYL: Tom Twyker films, The Man Who Wasn't There, open ended stories

Bonus Trailer Commentary!This trailer is woefully unrepresentative of what this movie is. I get the feeling the studio was trying to mimic the feel of Run Lola Run, which it definitely is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment