Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Movie a Day: Syriana

Five thoughts or less.






Day Six: Syriana

Release Date: 2005
Run Time: 128 minutes
Starring: George Clooney, Matt Damon, Christopher Plummer, Amanda Peet



1. I really like watching political thrillers, but for some reason I always dread watching them. Which is why it has taken me a decade to watch this movie.
2. Well this is off to a depressing start. I'm sure a movie about the foreign politics being tainted by greed and oil is sure to end on a positive note.
3. Coming from someone who used to dislike Amanda Peet, is it just me or is Amanda Peet criminially underrated? Also, the guy who directed recent A Movie a Day alum The Station Agent is a real jerk in this.*
4. Note to self, be careful when clipping finger nails.
5. Well. That. Sucks. I'm going to go sit and be sad while I contemplate how terrible oil and the world in general are. Thanks a lot movie.



Rating: 4 out of 5
RIYL: Z, Traffic, The Wire, international politics








* His name is Thomas McCarthy, and for further exploits of his playing jerks, watch the last season of The Wire. But he also helped to write Up, so he gets a pass for playing so many jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment